If you are curious about a custom commission form me please e-mail me an example and name of the costume you want. Plus your basic measurements.
Men: Jacket size: Example: 38 coat
Pants:Example: 33 x 32
Women:Example: Bra 40D
Pants:Example: size 16
This will get me in the ball park to give you a proper quote. The quote will follow in this basic format. Although it will look better in a pdf. (HTML just doesn’t do it justice)
My base labor rate on top of materials needed is $25 an hr. The amount of hrs charged is stated in the quote. I quote the same way mechanics do. (I grew up in a shop so it makes senses to me this way) Yes it would take 7 hrs to fix your car if they could work on it straight though but that never happens so neither of us charge for the down time of getting parts or running into unexpected issues.
If I say I am charging you for 5 hrs it will never exceeded that amount. Once I quote a job I stick to that quote, unless you want to change the perimeters of the project.
Art Commission Contract
This agreement is made the day of Month, 2017 (year) by and between:
Seamstress’s Name: Luella Peebles
Address:_________________ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: ________________ E-mail: _______________________
The parties agree as follows:
- The Project: Patron is commissioning a costume created by the Seamstress. Subject matter will be described herein.
- Right of Refusal: It is the intent of this contract that the Seamstress creates costume for the Patron that the Patron will purchase the work. However, if, after the work is completed, the Patron does not wish to purchase the work, the Patron may refuse the created costume. In that case, the Seamstress will retain the refused costume and the nonrefundable deposit, free of any claims or interests of the Patron and the Patron will owe no additional fees to the Seamstress.
- Alterations to Commission: The Seamstress reserves the right to change mediums of the costume. This could occur if the originally agreed on materials are no longer available or prove to be unfit for the final product. Should this happen it will be address on a case by case basis if the finally price will need to be renegotiated. Also the Patron may request small changes as the costume is created as long as they are not a full redesign of the requested commission.
- Payment Amounts: the parties for the individual costume will decide selling price. Fee will be based upon size and complexity of completed work and will be consistent with other comparable works by Seamstress at the time of sale. Parties will agree to price in writing prior to the commencement of the costume. The Seamstress and Patron will mutually determine size.
- Payment Terms: A nonrefundable deposit of 30% of the selling price is required before work commences. Payment in full is due upon shipment of costume(s).
- Delivery: Unless otherwise agreed, the Seamstress will arrange the delivery of the work in a safe but cost-effective manner. Which will most likely be through the US postal service. The cost of this will be accounted for in the finally price of the commission.
- Deadlines: The deadline of the finished work will be: __________. This can only be changed in cases of unforeseeable accidents due to acts of god, deaths in families, or injury of the Seamstress. If any of these occur the Patron will be informed as soon as possible.
- Progress: Periodic photos and communications will be sent to the patron on the current status of the commission.
- Future Responsibility: The Seamstress is not responsible for changes occurring to the commission after delivery of the finally product if the changes are caused climate, humidity, moisture, molds, infestations, stains, warping, shrinkage, expansion, fading, any other event caused by normal wearing of the garment, or improper abuse to the product my patron or other people. However, the stitch work, seams, or accessories do break with with normal wear and proper care in the first 90 days the seamstress will repair them for free.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the parties hereto have executed this Agreement on the day and year written above.
|Itemized list of costume parts:
|Materials used but not limited too:
Total of materials=
Rate $25hr x Hrs to complete project= $
This includes assemblage of pattern, cutting of materials, surging all edges, button holing, sewing buttons, and sewing/fitting of the garment.
|costume #||Final Price||Date||Initial of Patron||& Seamstress|